Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Grandma is coming...

I haven't been able to get a hold of my mom for a while. They're busy, and with the time change it makes it hard to catch them at the right time. My brother talked to my mom this morning and asked her when she wanted to come out here. December 9th it is! I'll have my mom here for my birthday! I'll have my mom here for Christmas! I'll have my mom here for my child's birth. And she'll stay here for a couple weeks after I have him to help me out. I am beyond excited.

I feel like I've missed out on a lot because she hasn't been with me to tell me about her pregnancy and labor. Or to tell me those crazy old wife's tales. Or even to just sit and talk to me about all the stuff I'm scared about. I'll get to have her here for the best parts of it. The parts where I'm getting all the last minute things ready and preparing for The Kid to show up. I can't wait to just have her sit and talk to me. I miss her so much.

My dad will probably make the trip over once my mom heads home. They tag team it. I think my mom wants my dad to meet my son while he's still tiny. Brand new enough, but long enough so that I've had time to recuperate.

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am.

No comments: