Monday, November 2, 2009

Birthday bash!

Today is JT's birthday, and since it's a Monday and we can't fully celebrate all day, we had a bit of a celebration yesterday. We grilled some food, made him the sides he requested, Grilled Smashed Potatoes and Potato Salad. My boy truly is Irish. It was wonderful to just sit and talk with my family. They were all present to celebrate with us. I wouldn't have it any other way.

We had a great opportunity to just sit and go through an online registry. Mainly just to get us in the mind set that we need to start getting ready. I think we'll do fine, but I feel like I should be doing something to prepare. Maybe I should fish The Kid's blanket. I'm more than 3/4 of the way done. I should be able to finish this week.

Our anniversary is just around the corner. Just about 2 weeks. I keep thinking back to how amazing it is that this man I love married me, and together we've carved a life out for ourselves, and now we're adding to our family. I can't believe how blessed I am.

This weekend was truly amazing. I can't wait until JT's birthday next year. There will be another person to add to the festivities.

No comments: