Thursday, October 22, 2009

1 in 10,000...

I went in for an ultrasound today. They wanted to take another good look at The Kid's heart, since he was being stubborn last time we went in for an ultrasound. They went over my results of the blood tests they ran to scan for abnormalities that could be passed on to The Kid. 1 in 10,000. They cheered. It was a great feeling to hear that so far, everything appears to be OK. He's growing nicely. He's got his heart chambers all nice and strong, his brain is growing nicely. It was wonderful to just see him moving around in there. I got a nice shot of his profile, his face and his foot.

When things were wrapping up the Dr. was telling me "Everything looks great, and I really hope it all goes well for you. If you need anything, give us a call" And with that, it made me realize how close I am to the end. About 3 months, and I'll have a baby in my arms. No more ultrasounds. Now, it'll be the actual baby.

A co-worker of mine is about a week ahead of me, and she was telling me that she's already planning her maternity leave. Now I've got to look over it all and see when I'll be leaving. When I'll be taking off work to get ready for him. I think the closer I am to taking off work, the less prepared I feel.

We really need to buy him diapers. And possibly some socks or something. I feel like I'm not ready.

No comments: