Wednesday, October 21, 2009

26...and counting...

Today marks 26 weeks, 4 days. I had a Dr.'s appointment, and as always, she made me feel really comfortable and commended me on doing a good job. I haven't screwed him up yet! Gold star for me. I gained 3 pounds since last seeing the Dr. about 4 1/2 weeks ago. She felt my belly and told me, he's a "Good size" and his heart was racing, just as it should be.

We're a go, for going to Nevada for Thanksgiving. I knew she'd say yes, and I feel comfortable going because Cindy would be there if anything were to happen. But it's always nice to have a reassuring word that I have nothing to worry about.

I have an appointment in 4 weeks, and then it'll be every other week. Yeah, that's the point where I came to the realization that this is all really going by fast. Very fast. Sometimes I feel like I'm so ready to be done with this part of it. Just ready to have this kid to laugh with. I am excited to see his sense of humor blossom. I'm ready to have him in his dad's arms. I know he's ready too. But, then there are moments like last night, when he's kicking up a storm, and I have to practically sign to JT to come over and feel, because I know if I say anything, The Kid will stop kicking. So he comes, feels and we both stare at my belly in amazement.

I want to remember every part of this pregnancy. And I can't wait to start the next part. The part where he calls me Mama.

No comments: