Tuesday, August 4, 2009

You must have heard me...

Last night I was telling JT that I didn't particularly feel pregnant. I started heavier than most women do at the beginning of their pregnancies. I haven't put on any weight, but sometimes I do feel some heaviness where my baby lies. Most of the time though, I don't feel pregnant.

I wake up this morning, shower, get ready, and as I stand in front of the mirror, I see my nose looks swollen. I think maybe it's just allergies or possibly this ear ache I have, but I turn and ask JT, "Does my nose look swollen to you?" he smiles and says "yes, actually, it kind of does".

I turn to put on one of the new shirts I bought not too long ago, and as I'm buttoning it up, the bottom button does really keep the two sides of the shirt together all that well. I laugh and tell JT his kid is making it so that my shirts don't fit in the tummy area. He smiles, tells me I'm beautiful and tells me to go buy new shirts for myself.

Just as I say that I don't feel pregnant, you make yourself known. I will be 4 months in a few days and I'm excited. I'm almost 1/2 way there. That's scary, exciting, and really unbelievable. How is it possible that in just a few short months I'll have you in my arms? We are so blessed, and the minute you are in our arms, covered in kisses, you will know it too.

No comments: