Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shake it...

I've continued to work out during my pregnancy. The Dr. said I should. Being that I wasn't exactly the portrait of health and wasn't at a reasonable weight to begin with. I have continued to go to the gym. I have continued to climb in place or run in place, or...elliptical in place. I do pretty good. I even threw in some swimming and for a while was working the weights, don't worry, low weight, high repetition. I've been trying to eat as healthily as I can. Sometimes I falter, but for the most part I'm doing good.

Now I know, as soon as I type this, I'll balloon up 20lbs. But, I have only gained between 2 - 5lbs during my almost 4 1/2 months. It varies, and Monday when I go to the Dr. it will be set in stone just how much I've gained so far. First two appointments I was the same weight.

I'm not so much afraid of gaining weight. I'm afraid of the slippery slope that pregnancy can be. I've seen people just take being pregnant as a free for all. I do give in to things here and there, but I try so very hard to make the best choice for my child and me. JT asks me every now and then, OK...pretty often, "You taking good care of my baby?" and usually I'll answer, "I'm trying". And that is the Honest To God truth. I try so very hard. I've been craving sweet delicious baked goods. Strawberry tarts. Strawberry short-cake. Banana cream pie. A banana split. Black cherry ice cream, on top of freshly baked sugar cookies. But, I'm saving those cravings for when I just can't shake it. Instead of the goodies I want, I have fruit. Instead of tasty ice cream, I had some sugar-free, fat-free frozen yogurt with fruit on it. Not the same, but it holds me until I can splurge.

Until then, I just have to shake it...

No comments: