Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Perfect....Just Perfect

Yesterday was my birthday. And even though I don't get that same tingle in my stomach that I used to get when I was younger, it was by far one of the most perfect days. It started with JT singing to me at midnight. Once I got to work my desk was thrashed with balloons, confetti, streamers, ribbon, etc. It was amazing. I got birthday bagels, and cakes.

Later we did some shopping for my parents, since Jason was leaving the next morning to see them. Once I got back and did some work, I got a "Can you come the conference room...There's drama" urging from Adriann. So I went. And the singing and cake with candles commenced. I'm not one to like all this attention on me, so I'm sure I was awkward, but I couldn't stop smiling. It was so thoughtful and just nice. I can't thank my friends enough.

Dinner with my family that evening. It was amazing. I wanted to have a 'mustache party', but it got postponed because of too many things going on this month. But my aunt bought us some funny nose/moustache/eye brows/glasses type things and it was hilarious! I can't begin to explain the joy of having a mini moustache party. We had cake, I got presents and money. It was fantastic. I got books, movies, little trinkets, perfume. It's like these people know me.

I keep getting things. A belated birthday pistachio cake, movies...I just don't know how to say that this last day and a half has been amazing. I am beyond happy.